A motorcycle accident is more likely to result in life-altering injury or death, with the death rate now being 10% higher than it was in 2014. The total 5,000 motorcycle deaths means it is important to understand the causes for motorcycle accidents, and use the information to live a safer life on local roads.
Common causes for Florida motorcycle accidents
- The motorcycle hits gravel on a blind corner.
- A car makes a left hand turn directly in front of a motorcycle.
- A head-on collision between a motorcycle and a car.
- The motorcycle collides with a road sign or light pole.
- An inexperienced motorcycle riders travels at excessive speeds.
- Operating a motorcycle while under the influence of prescription medication, alcohol or illegal drugs.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you are likely entitled to financial compensation for damages including:
- Lost wages.
- Lost future earning capacity.
- Existing and future medical expenses, including required medical equipment.
- Pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death.
It is important to understand that the insurance company for the negligent party will do its best to minimize the amount of compensation paid on any motorcycle accident claim. They will offer a speedy settlement in the hope that satisfying immediate needs will silence potential future claims. If you choose to make the decision to work with the motorcycle accident specialists from Gallagher & Hagopian, representatives from the insurance company will understand that you will not be underpaid for your injuries.